Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Over the five month left mark...

I feel like I did this yesterday. Nothing to report.

 We moved lots of stuff. A really obnoxious dueño decided that we had to fix a house we are trying to leave, which was awful. I'm still not sure what to do about it. There's a bunch of damage that we probably did, but I have to convince President King that we should pay it, or convince the guy (and he lives in Chiloe) to back off. Either one looks impossible.

 I'm also the acting medical coordinator for the mission, and the computer person. I have been utterly convinced that medicine and computers are the fields in which I must work. I know, from experience in the office, that I would not like to sell, be a corporate leader, be a realtor, be a driver, be a secretary, or be a negotiator. I do, though, like very much medicine, computers, general house repair (another one of my recent duties with the change resultant from Elder Fuentealba taking finances) and accountancy, in that order. I did an inventory of all the first aid kits and medications we had yesterday and I enjoyed it. I do the graphs each month and fix the network and stuff and I enjoy that too. It's like I asked God, "Should I be a doctor or what?" and he just nodded slightly and winked.

 It's really starting to hit me that this is getting over. Before I write you again, I'll have walked over the five-months-left threshold. That is not a lot of time. I have seven weeks left in the office, then two and a half changes of six weeks on the outside. Just enough time to really get working and... that will be it.

 I was thinking the other day that I really am not that different than I was before. The more I thought, though, I started to think about lots of mañas, or weird habits or pickinesses, that I don't have anymore. I eat tomatoes. I don't freak out when people touch me. I can talk to anyone for any reason, even on the phone in Spanish, even if it's a girl or a person who wants money from me. That's just the things you'd notice easily.

 I had a my second-to-last interview with President King on Monday. He asked me about how I've come to be converted to the gospel, or how I've progressed so far. It's a theme I've entertained a lot looking out on my mission. The biggest change is not how much I live the gospel. I think I always more or less was "living" it. But I've made it an inside force outward, not an outward mold on my actions. That way is a start, but it isn't the tenth of the power and joy that is the real gospel.

 I feel like I can't teach what I've learned. I wonder a lot if most people get to the conclusions that I have. I didn't even hear of the higher concept of it in Church except from a few specific people, all of which had a bigger impact than average on my testimony, for example, Brother Troyer, Brother Leavitt, both good seminary teachers, Adam Dunn from Saint George, and a few scout leaders in their moments.

 I keep coming back to my patriarchal blessing - it is pretty obvious that I will work with youth. Is this why? If I can communicate even a part of the Real Christianity that I have learned here, I'll help anyone who can understand it. That's it's effect - everyone needs it, everyone benefits from it, everyone is a part of it. So in effect, I know why I'm here, I know how long more I'll be here - all I need to do is finish it well. So I'm just going to keep being busy for a while longer.

 Have a good week on me,
Elder A Conrad Crist

 Note A I'll try to register here. I'll let you know if anything doesn't work. I really can't research for scholarships here. Do you think I can go in right as I get home to look for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment