Monday, February 7, 2011

Transfers





I wrote Alex a big long email and he responded with a quick little note. Ugggh. I want him to write me like two or three pages of everything that he has going on. I love what he writes about when he gets a few minutes but am very thankful that he is busy and not homesick.


I just had a very interesting experience. I went and bought charcoal pants for twelve dollars. They are polyester, which is supposed to be hotter, but they´re twelve bucks and practically unstainable and indestructible. You can buy basically any kind of clothes here cheap - except good socks and garments. Anything but those two things are fine.

I have two of those journals left now, so we should be good there. I do not have a CTR ring (in that box I sent you guys that one you sent me was, it was just barely too small) and I´d like one. Maybe sunscreen, because they don´t make it here very well. I don´t know what else.

This week has been really fast. It doesn´t seem like we´ve done anything yet really. As you know, I now have the whole ward instead of just one half. That´s kind of a problem, as we have to split up our time, but now I have investigators that are almost baptised. And since I gave them a few lessons, they are technically my converts, and I can visit them when I finish.

One of the people we found recently is a guy who has six college degrees. He never married because having a family would have gotten in the way of his studies. He´s a pilot and an engineer in Chile´s air force. Now he wants to believe something but he can´t make the jump. He knows there´s a God, but he can´t prove to himself any religion. All his problems that he discussed with us were the same ones I had. It´s glaringly obvious I was supposed to be out here at this time.

I´m starting to understand a little more how you pretty much have to be your own agent out here and learn how hard you can work and how much you can get to know people. I´m afraid we´ve kind of got smashed on time today.

I´m finally starting to get to where I can joke with people. It´s one thing to talk about gospel stuff, and anther to joke and get to know people in a real way. I´ll never forget my first joke in Spanish. After we washed someone´s windows, I said the bird would crash into them and die like at our house. People actually laughed. Sorry, I have to go.

Perdónenme por este correo. Es chanta.
Elder Alex C Crist

No comments:

Post a Comment