Monday, February 14, 2011

Find that dog!

To give a little insight, we went on a mini vacation and left the dog with family. He ran away and we don't have him back yet. I am sure he will be back soon though. I rather think Alex likes the dog. But then who doesn't? There is also no pictures. Darn it! I really love to see his pictures as well as read his letters.




I suppose now you are starting to understand the sun again. I have understood the sun, and gotten chato(sick) of it in a big way.

The crazy thing is, though, is that on Wednesday, there were some weird clouds. Then it got windy. We went to an appointment, couldn´t make it in, and got a new time to come back, and by the time that happened, it was raining a little. We started to walk to the next one, and it started to rain rather hardcore, complete with lightnings (rayos) and thunderings (truenos), even though one could still see the sun. We decided to go to a member´s house to wait it out, as my silk tie was already rather messed up, and they had our laundry anyway. We "shared a scripture" (it was funny though, because we shared Helaman 5:12) as an excuse. Then, when things started to calm down, we left with our clothes. We got about three hundred feet into the two-mile walk when it started up again, this time filling the sky with clouds and lightenings. We got soaked. Our laundry also became a little wet. Our member friend just kept saying "¡Éste nunca pasa! ¡NUNCA!", which is to say "This never happens! NEVER!" He said it happened once when he was 7, and never again since.

Needless to say, that tie more or less kicked it (I hear you can dry-clean them to revive them). After hanging our clothes out to dry (again), we realized we still had an hour left. So we put on some other clothes and went to an investigator´s house.

The thing is, though, that was the last time we saw him before his baptismal interview - which he passed. I only taught him a few times, but regardless, he is my first convert. I have a picture of him, but I´ve had some problems with SD cards and whatnot, so it´ll come next week. He´s 14, kind of a Brady personality. He´s made a bunch of friends already, and he went to the youth conference/camp with them. A member will be baptising him, with his new friends from the ward as witnesses and speakers ("This never happens!" guy is going to speak on the Holy Ghost after the baptism.). Let me tell you something, after all the stuff we´ve done this week, or even this change that didn´t work, this is a great feeling. I´ll have a convert on Sunday. Someone´s got to put that somewhere.

Elder Crist & Smith : 1
Satan : 0

(I may refer myself to a part in Alma where Ammon says, "I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God.")

God (using Elders Crist and Smith (and Elder Lacambra beforehand)) : 1
Satan : 0

Anyway, this week´s actually been sort of a mixed-emotions situation. Even with all this stuff, our other main investigator is on rocky ground. She loves the Church, and us, and the ward, but her husband (they´re separated but can´t live in different houses because they don´t have enough money) is giving her a lot of, honestly, crap about the Church, and her listening to us. He told her four-year-old son that we "speak pure [crap]" What would you do? I kind of want her to call Dr. Laura or something.

But seriously, we thought for a long time her smoking problem was keeping her from being baptised. Now we´re not so sure.

It´s good, though, that you got a vacation and all that stuff. I, personally, would like to see a little more of the rain and the clouds these days, but I know what you mean. I just passed through this legendary time everyone talks about. Every missionary has a "I´m going to be here forever." moment. I´m right there now. They say when it ends after a week or two, your mission will start up all the sudden. They say it´s usually around the point when you become fully fluent. Could be.

Thanks for support and stuff. Keep reading the scriptures every day, even if it´s just a single, solitary verse. I´m serious. If you do that, I promise you you´ll have a better life. Try it for a week.

Que les vaya súper bien,
Élder AC Crist

I have a little problem with my Ipod. It still has all my not-churchy music, and it´s missing a lot of what I wanted. Do you think sending it back would help anything? Or is it too risky?

They didn´t tell me if they paid for the package, but I don´t think so.

Find that dog.

1 comment: