Monday, February 28, 2011

Do your best, and every day do a little better!

I watched the Other Side of Heaven yesterday and I do not understand how parents could let their children go on missions when they didn't hear from them for weeks and weeks. I am not sure I would have been able to do it. I am kind of bugged that he has not been able to send pictures for a few weeks. I love to read his letters every Monday but I really want to see pictures of things he did this week. I am grateful for this opportunity for him though. Sounds like he has a tremendous grasp of the Gospel and the happiness it can bring. But again, I want pictures! I hope he figures out the problem soon... anxiously waiting for more!!!!




I think the key to all that stuff is pretty well contained in Matthew 5, 6, and 7, or also 3 Nephi 12, 13, and 14. I went through Matthew in my study of the New Testament recently. I´m actually marking it a little now, a skill that I have just barely developed. When I finished 7, I had sharpened the pencils several times since starting an hour before. It isn´t a chapter you use to teach the Gospel - you use it to teach how to live the Gospel. I noticed that if you only mark what´s in the Lessons of Preach My Gospel, there would be almost no marking in these chapters, which are basically the sum of everything that makes up a Christian´s attitude. I started doing a "How to Live the Gospel Right" color and that pencil is already half the original size. That is where study should be focused when you know the whole gospel. Always try to understand and improve. There´s a really good talk by Elder Zeballos (the first Chilean seventy) about his called "Intentando Lo Imposible", which would be something like "Trying the Imposible" He says, "Let´s everyone do our best, and every day do a little better."

It sounds like you have everything under control too. I spent a long time on my report to the President, and furthermore, not much happened this week beside the confirmation of Pablo, which I was able to participate in (pardon dangled preposition), so I don´t have a lot to say. The pictures are coming... I had a little difficulty on the front, but I think I will fix it later today.

I am sad to hear about Joey going away. I just told his story to Mónica, who wanted the reciepes. She has a similar situation with her grandson. The parents are kind of... troubled, and she´s helped her grandson during the difficult times. I do hope the progress you made with him will persist. Mónica´s grandson is yet only one, so we can´t know yet.

I was rather pleased to get something from the kids. Technically the email extends to all family, so if anyone else wants to, I´m a better reader than writer.

Thank you for your prayers. I´ve felt them here.
Love,
Elder AC Crist

No comments:

Post a Comment