Monday, July 25, 2011

La Cisterna or La Granja



I really love that Alex is back into a 1st world-y place. I am not sure I even understand how 3rd world the last place was! It would be kind of like living in the sticks and then going into the city. Everything must truly seem bright and shiny and clean. My hope for Alex this time is to have happiness. That is it! Just for him to be happy serving and leading. I love the kid and I actually want everything for him but right now more than anything else, I want him to be happy!



Well, the sound worked. Just make sure immediately that you don´t throw them away, because I´m not going to keep them, and people could concievably want to have them after the mission - I mean, they´re responses to what I wrote, and I can´t listen to them here, so I´m going to lag two weeks on stuff you put in there. So if you want a response, put it in text.

Anyway, this has been a longer week. A week ago I was in Melipilla. I´m not in Melipilla. I´m far away. I´m kind of back in the city. I live on Camilo Henríquez in La Cisterna or in La Granja. It´s a old-person area of outer Santiago. It´s about the same distance from Santiago center as my first sector

My thoughts immediately are that this place is quite a bit more clean and 1st worldy than where I was. I walk around dazzled by the cleanliness and technology-usury that I see. Maybe bad because it´s easier to be trunky. Maybe better because I don´t have fleas.

It´s weird that I don´t really have anything to tell you. I´m thinking and there´s just not anything. I think I may have been so stuck into what I´ve been doing that I don´t have any empty-head echo time when I usually formulate ideas and make observations. I´ve been just rather focused on this place, and trying to make a difference in it. It´s hard, but I´d like to think I can do something about it.

My district leader class was weak, but I think that happens the first time. Not only that, they gave me the class topic with like eight hours to do it, so it kind of came out lame. I don´t think the district noticed, because changes always costs one a few hours of sleep.

I´m sorry about the lameness of this one. I don´t have anything.

Oh, "Recibí lo que Kelsey me envió." Try out google translator.

I´m doing a lot better in terms of member relationships this time around - I´ve learned exactly what to do and what to avoid. I actually had a thought that helped a lot. There was a member that I got along with really well. Her name was Sister Marta. It was way easy to talk to her - to the point where I didn´t even have any problems speaking because I wasn´t afraid to just talk normally. It turns out that a very large part of my impediment was kind of a pretentious nervousness. When it wasn´t there, I speak pretty good - several people here have said it´s alarmingly good. That´s the key.

So when I speak to people, in contacts, or members, or whatever, I just say to myself, "It´s Sister Marta, or her husband, Pulpo." It´s changed things quite drastically. I made a very good impression here - there´s no talking around me ever. Then, their opinion of you is that of another member, which brings you internally up to that level. That´s when you can be a part of someone´s life. That´s the idea.

You sound dang bored on the audio. "Say hi." "yeah..."

I´m really just kind of tired.

Oh, there´re sister missionaries in my district. So I have to call them all the time. I thought it would be really awkward, but it´s okay. I´ve just heard a few funny stories - that have to do with pads. So I´m just hoping nothing "funny" happens to me.

I think I´m just going to go before this gets too stupid.

Elder A Conrad Crist
Apparently District Leader, La Cisterna 1




CDs (preferably an Mp3 CD so I don´t have to have a thousand discs.)(These are seperate things.)
Josh Wright
Essential Missionary Collection
Paul Cardell

For you guys to get for me when I get back (I heard them in the house of an investigator´s house)
Soundtrack of Tron, Transformers extended edition (there´s a sick song that isn´t in the movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment