Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gone!





Alex was dropped off yesterday and everyone told us it would be like kicking him to the curb. They were right. We got in line at 12:43 and were done and gone by 12:47. It was crazy! I like to think they know what they are doing and they give the missionaries a sense of urgency with stuff to do right away, but there was hardly any time for last hugs or advice or anything. Apparently that should all be done before the actual drop off time! So, two years seems like a lifetime right now but I am confident that it will go by quickly. Well, reasonably confident. It takes a little, read a lot, of time to get used to the idea of him gone. He will be great though so that gives me a little peace. Today I was thinking about him and it already seems like he has been gone for a while. I cannot believe we dropped him off yesterday! This will take getting used to!

4 comments:

  1. This blog is a great idea Kim and Brian! What is on Alex's hand in the funny picture above? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was nothing on his hand. The kids were just all acting like Alex was holding the B.O.M. and they were enthralled. Basically just goofing around! We do that best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, I remember leaving John at the Raddison Hotel in SLC before he left for Basic Training. I literal couldn't breathe. You can read about it on my blog, if you haven't already. This is a great way to keep us up to date. Let's get together soon please.

    ReplyDelete