Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First P-day

We were waiting all day on Monday to get an email and there was nothing. So sad! but thankfully I opened the email and yay, a message. It sounds like he is doing well and is happy. We miss him but this is where he wants to be.



I don't think I've ever been busy like I am. There are days when I don't get to choose what I do until 9:30 at night having gotten up at 6:00. (We get up at six to get showers and stuff first. Seven and a half hours is still enough.
I'm going to try to mention some stuff that isn't coming in my paper letters. I sent some because I wasn't sure if I'd get to email for a few weeks. (Turns out the Elder I had asked about it thought I meant laundry... weird story, really.) Turns out I do every tuesday for a half an hour.
Getting up early isn't as bad as I thought it would be now, but it was for the first three days. My being has adjusted to it and now it's really just what I do. I suppose I just moved my schedule four hours earlier. I was sore from gym too for that time, which made it worse, of course.
My teachers are sort of a straight-man funny-man combination. One, Hermano (Brother) Shelline worked at Pizza Factory two years before me in the same very store! He's the straight man. He is pretty serious and calm. He focuses more on words and the things we need to memorize for contacting and teaching lessons. The other, the funny-man, is Hermano Maughan (Mon). He's rather... animated. He jokes every other sentence and is primarily concerned with grammar concepts and non-rote speaking to use between memorized phrases. The way things are taught here is first you memorize some phrases to make yourself functional, and then learn the construction the next week or so. We've already covered about a semester of college spanish. Los Hermanos have promised we will speak effectively in five weeks. And pass for natives in five months. And I believe them.
Here's something for you to memorize like I did:
To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentence, Baptism, Recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.
or
Invitar las personas venir a Cristo a fin de que el Evangelio Restaurado mediante fe en Jesucristo y Su Expiacion, la Arrepentimientos, el Bautismo, la Recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo, el preservar al fin.
I memorized those before I got to my room the first night.That's not because I'm me. It's because I'm His.
Sorry to write so shortly. Our time is timer-limited on the computers. Until then.
Love
Elder AC Crist

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from him!

    I LOVE what he said at the end, "That's not because I'm me. It's because I'm His."

    He is going to be great (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That is a powerful statement. Can I quote him?

    ReplyDelete