Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"..."

Remember those spice cakes with the white frosting? Kind of a gingery taste? That. Also funfetti. If you are thinking about Chilean sayings I have two: the more knightly Chilean motto, "Por la razón o la fuerza", or a fraternal "Ya, Po"

Can someone make chicken squares? I guess Mom's would be more of chicken triangles, being a less-cream-cheesed one-criossant variation of the literally squared two-criossant chicken square.

Revised: Can someone make chicken triangles?

Before I forget, the school system here is exactly backwards. They start in December and end in like october or something. They have a longish winter vacation, but it's last week-ish on June.

Anyway, this week was fast. We saw some investigators and stuff. It went good. I think I've basically told you about everything that can happen out here to I'll pass the more interesting things.

Do you remember that one time when I told you about this wierd reference we got that is untraceable? That girl (about our age) is technically not a member because they forgot to confirm her... Right. I don't know how that happened. Wierd thing is that the first time we taught her she sort of "hated on" the church for all these dumb things that had happened up until then. She also said she wasn't terribly convinced by the Book of Mormon (or the Bible). We convinced her (in a really really long lesson) that it was worth at least reading the Book of Mormon to see if it was true. She showed up at church with her family (part of which are free baptisms because they want to move here but have already recieved almost all the lessons) last Sunday and talked to the bishop about getting the confirmation done. He said they can do it without baptizing her again. We went to see her again two days ago-ish and she was completely different. Bizarrely 180 degrees different. She read some of the Book of Mormon. In the time since that first visit she decided that even if she did have to get rebaptized she'd just do it. Her mom (member recently getting active) said she walked in on her reading the Book of Mormon again. And we found a probable house for her sister and family (the free baptisms).

It seemed that she didn't even notice (her name is Emily) (seriously) that her opinions had changed so much. I suggested that it could have been the Spirit and she said, "I think so. I feel so much better now."

From wierd text messages (still unexplained, and I've talked to the office and they didn't send it) to this! It was such a precise time! Dizzying.

I'm still not even having a problem with the end coming and stuff. I'm serious. I don't even remember until someone says, "Hay, Crist... ya trunky yet?"

"No."

"You only have 21 days left."

"Really? I hadn't noticed."

"You're weird. Do you not miss your parents?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But what?"

"I tell everyone the same thing. I don't know what it's like to be normal. Ask me if I'd like to be a giraffe or live in Bolivia; I'll answer the same way."

"You're totally in denial."

"Whatever, man."


I have had that discussion like 75 times. It is second only to this one:

"What are you going to do after?"

"Med school, hopefully."

"That cool! What kind?"

"I don't know - maybe emergency room or surgery."

"..."

"..."

"Oh... gross."

"..."

"Well, someone's got to do it, right?"

Chileans tend to say the same things, I guess. Several times I have prophesied to my companions what the members would say.

It appears that we are not going to divide the sector after all. We shall be recieving one more missionary to make a trío for this next little while. President decided it's not enough time to train someone new in a sector (three weeks is very little - generally at least six is required)

This would leave Elder Fernandez (with whom I am overjoyed to be still) with our new companion to finish the change. It really would work out good. That's not entirely confirmed, but mostly. it is going to be cool.

I haven't seen Josefa (Abby girl) for three solid weeks! Finally we're going today. As far as I know it's just a straight line from here to water for her. We are still working on the mom. That's going to be my last charge.

I am attempting to do a few baptisms the 19. Wouldn't that be cool? We had four people with that date. It would be cool if you always felt like you had to get someone for a date you couldn't pass - I've never worked on someone as hard as we are. The nineteenth or death! For real.

The only real chink in my armor is Macbooks. The other day an investigator didn't have a dvd player but had a Macbook so we played in on the comptuter hooked to the tv like we did back in the day. ... I like Macbooks...

I'm good though. Nothing terribly too much, as I have been resisting the same distraction the whole time here. Whatever.

We should go camping too. And singing. I need to get my mitts on that piano.

I'm going to see if I can get my camera stuff working.

Elder A Conrad Crist

No comments:

Post a Comment