Saturday, January 21, 2012

Joder'd (shanked)

When Alex starts talking about coming home or about what to take for school next year it helps me realize how fast the time is going. I may not say it to your face, but I do think the time is going by quickly. now, if it were only August!!!

Here's the thing immediately -
Without special permission, President King can let me leave up to three weeks early. That would put me on the 20 of august. Do you think that would be okay? I have readjusted to new stuff about every four months in the mission; I don't think the "shock" of it or whatever really will give me any problems, honestly. And it's that or lose out on a semester, reapply, and add on a year to the end of my degree. I don't really want to do that. I have found that I need change constantly to be comfortable - maybe a slower version of Dad's ADD. I get fried of working normal missionary work after a few weeks and I have to do something different, like go to a training, or stay in with a sick missionary, etc. The office is the best thing that's ever happened to me, in other words.

I think getting home will be way more fun than anything. I think eight days is enough. As for living,

I'm fine with going back to Wyview if it's open. I could do whatever. Well, whatever besides Helaman Halls. I just want to avoid cars at all costs, and costs at all costs. It was beyond cheap when I was there. I would definitely need a single room. Definitely. I am going to need help with what I am to take.

This week we were joder'd (shanked) a lot by the office, so we couldn't go out to work very much. Which can be discouraging. President King wrote me and said that sometimes that is going to happen here and it doesn't serve much good to think twice about it. So I won't. Just onward and hopefully upward.

When you don't write much I don't have much to say back, can you tell? Time is going faster than I know how to deal with. We go out and teach a few lessons and knock a bunch of doors and then sit down and realize our planners are now on week x (for example, four this week). Also, I've now done rent twice alone. Twice. Elder Monsen left a month and a half ago - it's been me solo for all that time. Every day I'm solving problems with skill I had no idea I had. If I can't get a TA job at BYU, I could work with the missionaries in Latin America as a finance coordinator or something. I know a lot about the Church system and legal stuff from Chile at least now. I wouldn't want to take a career in this, I don't think, but to fill in the gaps it's a possibility.

Of course I can say similar things about our ward. It's a fantastic young ward. Everyone wants to help, everyone loves us, and everyone is a great "example of the believers." We are honestly limited only by what we can imagine and communicate in terms of working. We set up an activity to watch the Joseph Smith movie the other day in ten minutes. Youth are fantastic.

We are going to watch Prince of Egypt.
Permiso.

 Elder A Conrad Crist

No comments:

Post a Comment