Monday, June 6, 2011

Missionary stuff




This must be the hump they talk about. Well, at least it is for me. It seems like Alex left a long time ago! Like longer than reality! Anyway, in a few more months he will be on the downward slide of things and then it will seem like he hasn't been gone that long. At least that is what I am hoping!




Oh, man. This week Elder Silva leaves and I get a new companion. I am not moving; I will be leading this sector by myself. The biggest sector in the mission. I still don´t know what kind of companion I´m going to get or anything. It´s just kind of scary. There´s about 6,000 people in my sector. One can drive 45 minutes through the middle. (Does that mean it´s bigger than Rhode Island?)

Needless to say, I´m scared as dump (as my trainer, Elder Mann would say). My biggest fear is getting a disobedient missionary to make things worse. I´m hoping for a more-or-less old white guy, maybe 18 months into the mission. That would be ideal.

It´s getting cold now, and there was a terrifying rain storm yesterday. I had to use an umbrella for the first time in my life. It rained until we went inside, then stopped. How lame, right?

We had another baptism last Saturday. The mission leader invited all the right people, and now they´re all best friends. Her husband is still in a problem with the alcohol, but we´re going to bring the hammer next time. The love hammer, of course. A little D&C 19, Alma 5...

Next week I´m either going to be depressed or excitied. Probably both.

Something a doctor (teacher of Gospel Principles) said to me about this - ask yourself, "If I knew how to do this, how would I do it?" It´s surprising how often it gets you over the pretense of not being trained in something. I think it not only is a good mental exercise but also an invitation to the Spirit.

Oh, man. Here we go.

Hoping to recieve that darned package soon,
Elder A. Conrad Crist
Silva Chavez


Is there a more arranged version of Beautiful Savior (Crusader´s Hymn) than the lame one on lds.org? Could you find it in mp3 or something? (If you record Abby ever singing religious stuff, consider sending it in email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment