Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Short and sweet!





I am so excited to be able to talk to Alex this week. It is going to happen on Saturday!!! I love skype and all that allows! I get to see his skinny face! I also get to marvel at the way he looks and speaks, and again, I get to actually see him in "person". Yay for technology!
The pictures are; The area Alex is in; Teniente Merino, A member fixing nails (too poor to buy unbent nails?), Poshy sweaters, and Alex being Laman? Don't ask me!




That ability of Maya gives me something we refer to in the mission as "Holy Envy." If I´d had the desire to learn the scriptures that I have now I´d probably have a degree in it. Grandma said Maya could find the fourth Article of Faith - I didn´t even know they had that in there until tenth grade! Well, at least now that I know that, I can repent. Are we Christians or are we not Christians?

++++++++++Mother´s Day Call++++++++++
We are going to call at 1600 hours Chilean time on Saturday, the 7 of May. I do not know what that will be. I am using Skype - have it turned on, plugged in, all that. This email will be sent at about 1245 today, so you can figure out when that will be. Be careful to not be not in the house and stuff. That would be lame.
You should still have my account - elder.crist

I´m about to go to a barbeque at a member´s house. The rest of the week is going to be pretty normal. Last week was awesome. The whole Branch is different. Before, in testimony meeting, there were several periods of uncomfortable silence. This last one there were lines and lines of people, and not all could talk. People are volunteering for work and responsiblity. I don´t know totally what happened, but I think it comes from partly us, but mostly from the people who´ve worked with us.

Yesterday, we felt to go to a house of a member out of nowhere, really. She had been reading the scriptures looking for understanding of why she needed to go the temple, or even if she needed to go at all. We happened to have the Between Heaven and Earth DVD with us, so we watched and answered all the questions she had. At the end she said, "I guess sometimes God answers immediately to prayers, because I was just praying and studying about this." So it is.

Would it be okay if this email is kind of lame because we´re going to call on Saturday? Good.

See you (literally) fairly soon,
Elder A Conrad Crist

I don´t know what to do about shirts and stuff. They are little big, but I don´t know if you want to try to send stuff. I think I´ll be okay for a while longer. As for socks, like three pairs wool or something like that.

CD:
Anything you can find by Josh Groban - he has at least three albums
Gladiator Soundtrack
Elder Silva likes Enya - look into it
Neoclassical piano - hard to describe. Piano music that sounds kind of classical/romantic era, but often more thematic. Jon Schmidt, for example
I have to have Nevada and Utah All State and Honor Choirs!
Also, the song "O Magnum Mysterium" - a good choir
On my computer there´s some stuff by Eric Whitacre, sung by Polyphony
Any classical stuff Grandma recommends
(This is all mp3 cds, right? So I don´t have to have a thousand cds?)
Sissel
As much tabernacle choir as you can find
maybe EFY, only if it´s not lame though. There´s one sond I really like called One Voice, for example
Anything you feel like would be okay - if it´s not, I can just chuck it

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Alex had read the entire BOM when he was 11. I remember, because I was totally shocked. I think he understood most of it to.
    Shahara

    ReplyDelete