Tuesday, December 7, 2010

busy week





Sorry I didn't get this posted sooner but we can blame the flu! I hate being sick especially this close to Christmas. The highlight of my week is obviously the letters that I get from my skinny son. I think I will have to send him some money for new clothes...already. I was under the impression that most missionaries gain weight on their missions, not lose it. We'll see if he finds some delicious treat to fill him back out.

That´s interesting that you talk about Jesus is the Americas, firstly, because that´s where I am, and secondly, because that is more often than not what we give to investigators to read the first time we leave them a Book of Mormon. The answer is always the same when we ask them how they felt when they read it - "Me sentí... paz. Tranquilidad." (I felt... peace, tranquility.) They have the same feelings you do. Jesus becomes a real, real person for them, and knowing he surely exists is what leads them to listen to us again.

I don´t know if you´ve ever read Jesus the Christ, but I´d consider it once you feel like you get the scriptures more or less. It´s not that hard of a book, or, at least, isn´t as hard as people say it is. I´ve read to about page 500 since I arrived, and I know every whit why we can read it and we cannot even read the Gospel Principles manual (true). It´s a fantastic way to get to know the Lord.

You don´t have sunshine. You should take some of mine. It´s about 90 degrees right now. There´s also an ozone hole over Chile, which means you burn in about thirty minutes of direct sun. Needless to say I´m tanner, and I use a lot of sunscreen. We are out in it about 8 hours a day, occasionally less, usually walking outdoors, which explains why I´ve made a new hole in my belt and in three weeks I now will need a new one today or tomorrow. My pants are vaguely looking wierd now because I have to pull the slack around to make it not bunch up in the front. Fetch.

I´m happy to hear that you´re doing the music stuff. Of all the stuff I did, it was the most memorable and fun. The choir trips I went on were the most fun things I did all year. I did caroling with some friends independenly of school yearly until we actually developed a reputation and received requests to go to certain places, like the hospital and such. People crying, especially around this time of year is not too uncommon when music is involved.

Here are some pictures to make you understand a little more. THAT is the shower. Scary, isn´t it? It is two feet wide, ie, you couldn´t step any more than your two feet already in the shower. The paint comes off the ceiling randomly and it routinely will stop being hot. Did I tell you about the way we get the heater to work? We have to turn on all the sinks until it turns the heater on. Whatever. Then it will go out. Why? No reason.

I´m finding those really good foods now. I had a completo, finally, that had bacon and barbeque sauce. Fantastic. It´s not exactly a fransc hot dog, but still. Also, they have a little pudding cup (of which there is a picture) called Manjarate which is a mousse with solid chocolate in it... also fantastic. I think I sent it. Hang on.

Guess it didn´t. Here they are. They gay out a lot and I have to do stuff.

But yeah. I don´t have much to say. Have any questions about stuff? There´s so much stuff here I don´t even know where to begin. We kind of got screwed on time today, as you may have noticed. I got some candy bars. I´m not hungry that much anymore. Not dead. Not injured. I have like three infections though. Pray and stuff. I need to go.

Que le vaya bien
Elder AC Crist

1 comment:

  1. Kim! I hope you get feeling better soon!! (: Sounds like Alex is doing great though! You must be a proud Mom (:

    ReplyDelete